Just about every document which needs to be notarized in the “paper world” can be electronically notarized online using the Notary24 platform, with a few exceptions.
Examples of documents that notaries on our platform will not be able to notarize for you include:
- The document is dated later than the day of notarization, or is backdated.
- The signer cannot be positively identified.
- The document is missing pages or sections.
- The document is blank.
- A signer appears confused or mentally incapable of understanding the transaction.
- If the notary thinks or knows the transaction is illegal, the notary may not proceed with notarization.
- The signer is unwilling to swear or affirm the contents of the document (for notarizations that require an oath or affirmation).
- The signer shows indications of being coerced to sign.
- The document is a copy.
- The document in which the notary has a beneficial interest.
- The document containing pictures of children.
It’s always best to check with the party that requires the notarized document to make sure that online notarizations are acceptable.